Your local Business & lifestyle magazine
Do you love Christmas dinner so much you could eat it in a sandwich? On a pizza? Well the creative bods at Fire and Stone have come up with this magnificent pizza that captures the essence of festive cuisine and can be eaten slice by slice. I may just have to have a go at this one myself.
• Medium pizza base* (from a ready-made pizza mix or a ready-made base)
• Sliced roast turkey breast (available ready cooked in supermarkets)
• 5 cooked chipolatas cut up into 1cm pieces
• Roast potatoes (approx. one medium potato roasted, cut into small cubes)
• Cooked stuffing (enough for four cherry tomato size small balls)
• 50ml red wine gravy – leave it in the fridge overnight so it is really thick
• 5 Brussels sprouts
• 20g pancetta
• Small chunk of brie (cut into about four 1cm slices)
• About 50g Cranberry jelly
• Pinch of flat parsley
Spread the thick gravy across the base, like you would with traditional tomato sauce! Scatter the sliced turkey base evenly then follow with the sausage pieces and evenly place the roast potato cubes.
Sauté the Brussels sprouts with the pancetta, chop them up and spread them across the pizza before draping the slices of brie on top (these will melt over the rest and taste delicious). Finally, scatter the stuffing, either by breaking it up with your fingers and letting it fall or placing the small balls on.
Cook the pizza in a preheated oven for 10 minutes (or according to instructions on pizza base packaging) at 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit or gas mark 5) until the brie is bubbling. When you take it out of the oven put a dollop of cranberry jelly in the middle and finish with some chopped parsley. Christmas roast turkey on a pizza!