Your local Business & lifestyle magazine
More tantalising pancake recipes for you!
Makes 8 pancakes
Cooking time 10 minutes, plus resting.
100g plain flour
50g butter, melted
Cream or vanilla ice cream to serve
For the caramelised apples:
4 Pink Lady® apples
50g light muscovado sugar
What to do:
1. Whizz the flour, eggs, milk and a generous pinch of salt in a blender or food processor until smooth, with the consistency of double cream – this only takes a few seconds. Set the pancake batter aside for 10-30 minutes.
2. Brush a frying pan with some melted butter and put over a medium heat. Pour in enough batter (about 4 tablespoons) to coat the base, then tilt the pan so it spreads evenly.
3. Cook the pancake for about 1 minute, until the underside is flecked with
gold, then flip it over. When both sides are lightly golden, remove from the pan and keep warm. Continue making pancakes, brushing the pan with butter as needed to prevent sticking.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the apples. Core them and cut into thin slices. Set a
frying pan over a medium heat, add the butter and leave it to melt. Add the
apples and sprinkle with the sugar. Sauté for a few minutes until they start to
soften and caramelise.
5. Fold the pancakes into quarters and serve topped with the apple slices and
drizzled with the syrupy pan juices, with cream or ice cream on the side.