Your local Business & lifestyle magazine
Another month, another cupcake recipe in Inspired…I suppose you could say we’re a li’l bit obsessed with cupcakes, but until we no longer love the little fluffy, spongey things, here goes with another recipe!
Ingredients – Makes 12
• 150g Billington’s golden caster sugar
• 150g slightly salted butter
• 2 medium eggs
• 150ml sour cream
• 2 tsp Nielsen Massey Pure lemon extract
• 180g Allinson Nature Friendly White Self Raising Flour
• 40g ground almonds
• 100g full fat cream cheese
• 80g softened butter
• 120g Silver Spoon icing sugar
• 200g mascarpone cheese
• 1 tsp Nielsen Massey vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat the oven to 170/Gas mark 3.
2. Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases. Cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture looks pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time then add the lemon extract. Mix in the sour cream followed by the flour and ground almonds.
3. Once the ingredients are fully incorporated spoon the mixture into the cake cases.
4. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The cakes are ready when you tap the top of one and it springs back. If the top stays dented in then give them another two to three minutes and try again. Alternatively insert a skewer into the centre of one, if it comes out clean then they are ready to be taken out.
5. Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool.
To make the icing:
Beat the butter and cream cheese together. Add the icing sugar along with the vanilla paste and beat for another two to three minutes. Finally fold in the mascarpone and then use a palette knife to spread the icing over the cooled cupcakes.